Apple on Monday seeded the primary beta of an upcoming tvOS 13 software program replace to its public beta testing group, giving non-developers an opportunity to check out the brand new Apple TV software program forward of its public launch within the fall.
tvOS 13 introduces a number of modifications to the Apple TV interface, together with a brand new Dwelling display designed to make it simpler to seek out new content material. It additionally introduces multi-user help, a picture-in-picture mode, console controller help as a part of the upcoming Apple Arcade recreation subscription service, and extra.
However earlier than you rush to put in the tvOS 13 beta, it is value remembering that that is pre-release software program, so do not count on issues to work trouble-free. Beta software program is usually unstable, because it typically incorporates bugs and points which have but to be ironed out. Nonetheless ? Then learn on.
Is tvOS 13 Appropriate With My Apple TV?
tvOS 13 is designed to run on the fourth and fifth-generation Apple TV fashions (Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K, respectively). It isn’t appropriate with earlier variations of the Apple TV, as a result of these fashions don’t help tvOS.
Easy methods to Enroll within the Apple Beta Software program Program
To obtain and set up the tvOS 13 beta, it’s essential to enroll within the free Apple Beta Software program Program. If you happen to’re already enrolled, you may skip these steps and soar to the following part.
- Open Apple’s Safari browser on a pc or iOS system and navigate to the Apple Beta Software program Program.
- Faucet the Enroll button.
- Enter your Apple ID credentials and faucet the Check in button.
- Conform to the Apple Beta Software program Program phrases and circumstances if mandatory.
Easy methods to Obtain and Set up tvOS 13 on Apple TV
As soon as your Apple TV is enrolled within the Apple Beta Software program Program, you may want to hold out the next steps on the set-top field.
- Out of your Apple TV, click on by means of to Settings -> Accounts.
- Beneath Apple ID, signal into a minimum of one of many account choices (iCloud, iTunes and App Retailer, or Sport Heart) with the identical Apple ID that you just used to register for the Apple Beta Software program Program.
- In your Apple TV, click on by means of to Settings -> System -> Software program Replace.
- Click on Get Public Beta Updates to show it on.
- Observe the onscreen directions to finish the method.
Your Apple TV ought to mechanically obtain and set up the newest public beta software program in case you have Mechanically Replace turned on within the Software program Updates settings, however you may all the time manually test for updates by clicking by means of to Settings -> System -> Software program Updates -> Replace Software program.